:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera 20: How to delete the last browsing session?

• I believe that a page freezes the new Opera. I want to delete the last browsing session so that the page is not opened at start. In Opera 12, I can delete sessions/autosave.win, but which file should I delete in the new Opera?

• I thought there was a file with an obvious name, but I don't see it in my stable version ... then again I disabled sessions in Settings so maybe I don't have it any more.

Opera 20 is Opera Developer, so whatever it is you'd have to find it in {Application Data}\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Developer\

There are several files actually, on my Windows 7 system the path is

C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Developer\session.db
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Developer\session.dbak (the backup file)
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Developer\session.db-Journal (a log file)

Alternatively you could edit Preferences (in the same folder) to disable sessions (as I did in Opera Stable)

"session": {
          "restore_on_startup": 5
       },

After starting Opera you can go into Settings and re-enable sessions.

• Originally posted by sgunhouse:

hen again I disabled sessions in Settings so maybe I don't have it any more.

Just for curiosity, where is this option?

• Thanks. It saves a binary file. :eyes:

• Originally posted by LeoCG:

Originally posted by sgunhouse:

hen again I disabled sessions in Settings so maybe I don't have it any more.

Just for curiosity, where is this option?

I suspect it's just enabling or disabling the "continue where I left off" option in the start-up options setting.
    I can't find anything else relevant, and there seems to be no more control over the process or any way of manually saving a session so you can return to it as you can in Opera 12.
    :)

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.