Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera bookmarks don't show up in User profile

• I have a Dell desktop running Windows 7. I tried using Dell's Support Assistant to clean up my files. My computer now runs faster. I still see all my Opera bookmarks, but my backup program says the files for the Opera bookmarks are not there. Windows doesn't show it, but strangely a Windows search does show it!
    f2dba7bb-5c4a-44e5-990f-7ea83d7df8e9-image.png

c014ca93-c0d0-487a-9ca9-cf2122a0a452-image.png

iDrive wouldn't restore it because it is a program file. It also says "Files already present in the restore location: 1. Files restored now: 0.

I am concerned that the bookmarks might be in memory and I will lose all of them if I reboot my computer. I did make an .html backup of the bookmarks using Opera.

What can I do now?

• @garycohen I partially figured this out. I was expecting bookmarks to be the name of a folder. It is actually located in a file below all the folders. However, it doesn't have an extension, even though I elected to have all the extensions showing. Also, why would BookmarksExtras be over fifteen times large than Booksmarks?

• @garycohen One more thing I noticed is that the Dell cleanup program must have removed the Bookmarks.bak file, considering it to be a duplicate. Not that smart. So will Opera recreate the backup file? If so, how and when?

• @garycohen yes, it will. Don't know when.

• @garycohen Yes, the Bookmarks file doesn't have an extension.

BookmarksExtra is basically the bookmarks thumbnails.

• @leocg Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for that. What I realized with my backup program is that I told it to backup everything with "Bookmarks" in it. When it didn't see the .bak file it refused to do the backup. So I just eliminated that one file from the backup routine and made it happy.

• @leocg Nice to know about the thumbnails. I use Opera as my main browser because those thumbnails make it easiest for me to find my favorites.