General Opera Discussion Topic
itzreila last edited by
The application has been messed up for the past month and Im not sure if I want to support it any longer
- page load soo slow. my connection has no problems at all
- page freeze after few minutes of not using
- some website are cropped for some reason? (happens mostly with discord the page doesn't show up fully on Opera only, no problem with other browser)
- crashes often
so, is it only me ? or the application is getting worse ?
raptor66 last edited by
The problem of browser hitch when watching video from opera..Is there a solution
kennedysafari1988 last edited by
This app is good but it is too complicated with many procedures. I am trying to be conversant and all the time I'm about to post my article, I find my self back to the start. Kindly share experience
jh06266 last edited by
I think 65 version is much better than current pip, why not change it?
wouter445 last edited by wouter445
Opera is a great Explorer but their are 2 things that can be bit better
Synchronization (i get it) it's really a great deal that you cant recover passwords so easy but each time my password just don't work
this is my 5th time i need to reset all my passwords suggestion give us a 2 code number so i can write it down (like google have)
you wonder why can't you write a password down..... ever do a random password generator you get the weirdest PW basic not really possible to write it down
a 2 code number 1 send to Email the other you need to write down will be much more logical (cant write down a code wrong)
Synchronization do not sync speed dial bookmarks lost a few of them and could not be found back in the backup of Opera
it kinds of defeat the use of speed dial if they are gone ether sync also speed dial or remove speed dial
mike88 last edited by
I write here on an occasional basis to see if certain basic things have been corrected or still present. I see that the profile error message is still appearing that I originally wrote about 18 months ago.
The other point was updating Opera where I used to get the message "an error has occurred" about 7 out of ten attempts, is this still the same ?
The two current browsers that I use have never had issues with manual updates. The moderator often gives the impression these are not major issues but if other browsers manage to work properly why can't Opera ?
zazz-bkk last edited by zazz-bkk
Opera is so fking broken nowadays. I can't even log in here without error messages and failed logins, so i have to use Chrome to be able to write this.
I went from IE to Firefox 2004 and loved it for 12 years, but around 2016 when Firefox decided to commit suicide by stupidity, i moved to Chrome, but I didn't fully liked it. I quickly found Opera and it was love immediately. But now Opera seems to have suicide plans as well as NOTHING works anymore.
I have posted these issues before and followed every suggestion given to me to no avail. I only have one option left, and that is to format and reinstall Windows. But I will not do that as this is my only computer for work and private, and i'm not sure the problems will be solved by a such drastic measure. Moving to Chrome is not an option, and seeing Firefox's death throes from the hangman's knot is not directly encourages one to give them a second chance either.
Opera problems (All works fine in Chrome)
- Many websites does not load correctly or take ages to load
- I can't mouse scroll on some websites
- Some website has a 3-10 seconds delay when typing
- Some login pages shows strange errors including this forum
- My bank in Vietnam "times out" many times
- My bank in HK takes forever to execute transactions or "times out"
- Facebook messenger only load a handful of contact and keep the rest grayed out.
- Facebook messenger- It takes 10-15 second to switch from one contact to another.
- Getting "out of memory" warnings all the time (Having 32Gb ram)
- Writing text similar to this and Opera decides to reload the page and all text is lost.
- And many more minor issues
I have updated to latest version, cleaned cache, history, uninstalled, deleted the profile directory, not using addons, reinstalled Opera etc etc and the problems are coming back after just a few days of use.