Web Fonts - look strange

• Hello,

I have a problem with the rendering of web fonts. TTF fonts look strange when the option "webfonts" is enabled:

click to see picture.

When I used "webfont" in any program e.g. LibreOffice everything is ok.

Configuration:

Opera 12.16 1860

System: Debian testing (jessie), x86_64 3.14-1-amd64

DE: MATE 1.8.1

If you need more data let me know.

• Raleway-Light.ttf works fine for me on Debian 7.g (3.2.60-1+deb7u1 x86_64)

Must be a problem with testing.

Could you be so kind, to disable hardware accellaration in Opera and retest?

• I have a problem with the rendering of web fonts. TTF fonts look strange when the option "webfonts" is enabled

• Where did you get the font?
    • How did you embed the font in HTML/CSS?
  • It's a webfont ... he didn't get it - it is hosted somewhere online. Presto has always had issues with webfonts. Actually I seem to have fewer issues with webfonts than most people ... I wonder if half the webfont issues might actually be blocked content (since so many are hosted on Google)?

• @sgunhouse It's a webfont ...

Oh i know, what is a webfont, i'm working as a webdeveloper 😉

@sgunhouse he didn't get it - it is hosted somewhere online.

As you can see on the picture, the example is http://localhost, that means local webserver.
    He might have downloaded the font from Google as a zipped file and hosted local on the PC.

There might be problems with some systems. I think the problem is Debian Jessie (which is not a Stable release!).
    Opera 12.16 and 24.0.1558.17 on Debian 7.6 (3.2.60-1+deb7u1 x86_64) and Ubuntu 14.04 (x86_64, 3.13.0-32.57) have no problems with rendering the webfont on my tested three systems.

• Just because his example is on localhost doesn't tell us where the font is, so far as I know.

• @sgunhouse Yes, shure. The startposter dont want to give us more information and no test URL.

@blatiob I have a problem with your information. No HTML or CSS source, no URL, no information from where the font loaded.
    Yes, my crystal ball is not working good enough.

• I'm sorry for not replying.

The picture that I posted is just an example of what happens with webfonts.
    It does not matter what a webfont or page. Each webfont displayed in such a strange way.
    I have created a simple page with a webfont to show what is happening in opera. This problem does not occur in firefox or another software. In this example webfonts is on my local server. I have installed this same font (Raleway-Light) in my system and it display correctly in e.g. LibreOffice.

I note that the problem is with the TTF fonts.

Later I'll try to put a sample page on the server.

@angiesdom I have tried also disable hardware accelerations, unsuccessfully.

• I have uploaded a sample page with webfont.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.