Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera changing UI language

• Hello.
    I live in Russia. But I still prefer to consume content and use my products in Englisn.
    I run Windows, and the system locale is set to English. I set Opera's locale to English. I even delete Russian language from the list of suggested languages.

It's no use. Every time I log in to my PC in the morning - Opera is helpfully switched to Russian.
    Because, clearly, it must think that I am stupid, and I didn't mean to switch it to English the day before, and because my region is Russia - then I clearly want to see Russian.

Thank You.

Now, how do I turn this annoying feature off and make it so my browser is in English and stays in English?

• Leave Russian there but tell it to use English?

• That's what I tried to do as well. Removing Russian was simply an act of desperation.
    It still switches to Russian every time. Sometimes, rarely, it takes 2 days for it to mess itself up, but it inevitably does.

Just to prevent any other obvious answers, what I'm doing is:

Opera -> Settings -> Languages -> 3 dots next to "English (US) entry" -> Display opera in that language.

It prompts opera restart, and it does work. For a day, or at most a couple of days. Then it turns back to Russian on its own.
    So this isn't a disk write problem, because obviously sometimes the settings presist after PC reboot, and sometimes they don't. Something in Opera actively re-writes my settings to set up Russial locale over and over.

What I suspect happens is that Opera downloads some updates, detects that I'm in Russia, and "fixes" my annoying English problem for me - Yay!