Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

defaults write equivalent for Linux

• I want to change a setting in Opera policy. I found plenty of examples on how to do it on Mac, example:

defaults write com.operasoftware.Opera PMPrintingExpandedStateForPrint2 -boolean true

Or how to modify this type of settings in the Windows registry, but haven't found anything related to Linux.

• May I ask what are you trying to do with such a policy?

• @jimunderscorep There are some pages where I need to present client certificate. There is only one certificate added to Opera but it still asks me every time which one to use. I want to set AutoSelectCertificateForUrls parameter.

• Have you added your certificate in opera://settings/certificates ?
    Give me some time to think about it. What you actually want is some sort of policy, right?

• @jimunderscorep Thats correct - certificate is there under "Your certificates" tab. It is the only certificate.
    The problem is not with connection but with the "select certificate" window - it is shown a couple of times for every website.

In chromium the policy would be in /etc/opt/chrome/policies directory (https://www.chromium.org/administrators/linux-quick-start).