Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Can Opera run from a network share?

• Is running the portable version of opera from a network share or mapped drive supported? Anything special required for the setup of multiple users.

• Why the portable version?

The standard "All users" install will have the user's profile under AppData\Roaming and the cache under AppData\Local. If you can arrange to have the latter on the local machine and Roaming on the network it should work.

• @sgunhouse This is meant to provide a browser for machines meant for being servers...so I don't want to have anything installed locally. The browser should reside on the network share but might be used by multiple users concurrently. I haven't tested much, but installed the portable version to a mapped share (X: -> \file-server\share, Opera installed to S:\Opera ) and added the switch to the launcher (X:\Opera\launcher.exe --user-data-dir=S:\Opera\datadirs%COMPUTERNAME%). That doesn't account for the possibility of concurrent users from the same machine. I chose portable only because I assumed the app would be more self contained and more suited from running from a share (or USB).

My goal is to have a simple and secure browser that can be run from a share from concurrent users.