Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

New Dark Mode

• Opera was my favourite Browser until v60. This version is awful, to me, the new blue dark mode, is terrible and on a Mac, the extensions Bar is white with white icons (can’t see anything). Is there any way to go back to the previous Dark Mode, based on dark grey, which was perfect on Windows and Mac.

• I must agree, the new color scheme in the dark mode is an absolutely no go. it just looks awful.
    i reported this in the developer feedback option. because i was absolutely shure that this must have been a bug. Now that i see this. I'm shocked that this was really considered a good idea...

Besides other errors and bugs (Like Dark - almost entirely black - entry box auto complete suggestions) this is something i cannot understand why opera did this. it makes no sense at all. it looks ... well not good and pops out on the screen like a graphical glitch.
    The old dark mode color scheme was simply perfect. but this? no way...

I can't believe that I'm now on the search for an alternative browser just because an dark mode is so bad implemented.

• Blue? I don't have that issue on Windows. However the dark mode still has it's issues. It's OK at normal to high brightness under proper lighting, but take it into the dark with low brightness and it's really hard to see what tab is active :|

• @radekpilich said in New Dark Mode:

It's OK at normal to high brightness under proper lighting, but take it into the dark with low brightness and it's really hard to see what tab is active

+1
    A dot or similar would be nice.

• @radekpilich

Yes. Blue-Gray. This is pretty clear to see.
    725a2ea3-ab5a-40e9-9e88-6b902ee48414-image.png

When you dont have that issue on your windows you either dont use version 60, dont use the dark mode or your monitor is extremely bad calibrated.

• opera need to be fixed to work with dark reader like the rest of the chromium based browsers do.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

• @radekpilich said in New Dark Mode:

Blue? I don't have that issue on Windows. However the dark mode still has it's issues. It's OK at normal to high brightness under proper lighting, but take it into the dark with low brightness and it's really hard to see what tab is active :|

exactly. I am making exploration about some topics and after a while number of tabs reaches dozens. And ı can't see which one is my active tab. you should increase the contrast. Please. My using exprerince speed of Opera yield suddenly decreased.

And also ctrl+tab pop-up size is gigantic. The wrong tab opens accidentally when Mouse cursor over [ctrl+tab]pop-up window.

• @radekpilich. There may be differences in Monitor calibration, but it definitely a blue theme or to be accurate, dark blue/grey and does not match anything else. The old Dark Theme was very dark grey and went with anything.

In Windows, the Extensions bar is still the old dark grey and a total mismatch to the rest of the blue/grey and on a Mac, the Extensions bar is non coloured, with any Extension Icons being the same colour and the result is you can't see your Extensions, unless you vaguely click over them.

It looks to me, as though the Theme is not complete, apart from the fact that it's horrible anyway, LOL.