Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

[Solved]Where did the VPN icon in the toolbar go?

• Why is there no longer the option to turn the VPN off or on, or displaying whether it's off or on, in the toolbar? Why do we have to open up preferences, to turn it on or off?

• At least on Windows, it's still there. Make sure to have the VPN enabled in settings.

• If you turned it off in Settings, it won't be shown. If you live in a country that blocks the VPN, then it also will not be shown (even in Settings).

• Well, I'm on a Mac, and it was always in the toolbar before this most current update! Whether it was off or on, and why would it disappear if it's not on? That makes no sense, as we'd have to open preferences and set it again every time we want to turn it on, when before it could all be done without opening anything else... Opera sure has made some counter-intuitive changes, changes which slow down using it, with all these extra steps, I don't get it.

• You enable it in settings so that the icon will show up in address bar and you can turn it on or off when you need.

• @leocg I've always had it enabled in settings, but it was only showing up once I manually turned it on, by going to settings. But now it seems to have corrected itself, as it is remaining in the toolbar...