Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Playing Youtube Videos in Opera Private Window

• I've just switched to Opera from Firefox.

Today I tried watching a youtube video in an Opera private window and got a warning message that Google does not permit watching videos in private mode and will track all my youtube activity.

Opera offered me a choice between two options, but I can't recall now exactly what they were. I selected one at random to see what would happen, and then was asked if I wanted Opera to remember my choice. I selected yes.

Nothing of note seemed to happen as a result of the option I chose, but now I'm wondering what the difference between those two options is, and where I can find them in the settings.

Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

• You should ask in a Youtube and/or Google forum, since the message comes from them and Opera has nothing to do with it.

Also, I never saw such message when watching any Youtube video in a private window. So, unless that message is triggered by geographic location, it may be interesting to check your system for malwares.

BTW, see https://forums.opera.com/topic/23068/instructions-on-posting-about-problems-in-opera-for-computers

• Thanks, leocg! I appreciate the speedy reply.

Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

Opera Version: 56.0.3051.52