Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Printing gaps

• I'm having trouble printing from Opera. From at least two web applications with their own Print pages, there have been bits missing from the printout - the layout isn't affected, there are just gaps.

• What version of Opera?

• About Opera says it's 21.0.1432.67 - hope that makes sense!

• Gaps means what?
    Empty lines or missing characters?

• It varies. Empty spaces of differing sizes, where there should be text etc.

• Which web application, URL?

Which printer? Is printer driver up to date? Which Windows?

• Yes. We definitely need an example.

• Windows XP - which I suppose could be the source of the problem.
    Printer is HP Officejet 6500. I thought the driver updated automatically.
    Websites - several including gmail.

• Well, yesterday I printed a return label from Amazon in Opera 23 and guess what:
    Text got printed overlapping backwards ^^
    So that's kind of a negative gap I guess ^^
    Win 8.1 (Samsung CLP-300)

• I've checked - the driver is up to date.

• People, thank you for your interest in this! However I won't have access to the printer for several days now. Should have delayed asking...

• Well, yesterday I printed a return label from Amazon in Opera 23 and guess what:
    Text got printed overlapping backwards ^^
    So that's kind of a negative gap I guess ^^
    Win 8.1 (Samsung CLP-300)

I had a similar issue some days ago. I thgink i could manage to fix it by changing something but i really don't recall now what i've changed.

• The latest Chrome Stable channel update has a number of fixes for printing. It appears as though this Chrome release is making it's way to the Opera next and dev channels this week.

• People, thanks for all your help, but my computer appears to be reacting badly to Opera in other ways, so I'm about to uninstall and reluctantly revert to Chrome. So I won't be following up this printing issue at this stage.
    If the other problems continue, once I've tracked them down and sorted them I'll probably come back to Opera.

• Have been having same problem with printing using Opera.If trying to print a list lines are left blank,if length of list is longer than 1 page approx. 4 or 5 items of the list are skipped. Am using a Brother HL-2170W printer running 32 bit XP.I only have this problem in opera as Explorer prints properly. Am using Opera 21.0.1432.67 any fixes out there.