Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

New update 55 broke the behavior of Bookmarks bar folders

• In older versions, if you had folder as a group in Bookmarks bar and that folder contained another subfolder, as you clicked main folder on Bookmark bar and clicked on the subfolder before it auto opened, it opened instantly on the clicking action. But with update 55, if you click on a subfolder, entire dropdown menu disappears. It stops doing that when subfolder automatically expands as you pause on it with mouse cursor and even if you click, dropdown menu doesn't disappear. It's incredibly annoying behavior, I always clicked on subfolders to speed up the opening process without waiting, but now it makes things even longer because it keeps on closing the dropdown menu. So annoying!

Clicking subfolders shouldn't close entire dropdown menu!

• @rejzor I have MANY subfolders beneath folders on my BB, and what you describe does not occur in my Opera 55, it is behaving exactly as it did before the O55 update.

• @bbildman No it doesn't. Click on a folder and then quickly the subfolder. The whole dropdown will close. If you wait for just one subfolder to open up by itself, it will stop doing that even if you click on subfolders afterwards. It will happen again if you close it all and repeat it. I don't remember that happening in 54, otherwise I'd be complaining over it already.

• @rejzor said in New update 55 broke the behavior of Bookmarks bar folders:

@bbildman No it doesn't. Click on a folder and then quickly the subfolder. The whole dropdown will close. If you wait for just one subfolder to open up by itself, it will stop doing that even if you click on subfolders afterwards. It will happen again if you close it all and repeat it. I don't remember that happening in 54, otherwise I'd be complaining over it already.

You should edit your opening sentence above to "No it doesn't ON MY SYSTEM" - because ON MINE it works as it did before just like in O54.

Let me be clear, I am using O55.0.2994.37 on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, if that will explain further.

When I click on a Bookmark Bar folder, and then click (or hover) on a subfolder (whether quickly or not), the subfolder contents of the subfolder flys out, either to the left or right depending on where the folder is on the BMB. Even if there is a subfolder within a subfolder, the above action is repeated, and the original AND all the subfolders remain in view.