Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera will not launch.

• Opera on Windows 10 will not launch. Is there a simple way to reinstall Opera "over" the last install?

I do have a Profile backup (for a worst case scenario), but not the latest.

• Download the Opera installer, launch it, click "options", set "install path" to your existing install and choose "upgrade".

If that doesn't do the trick, you can rename "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable" to "Opera Stable Old" so that Opera creates a new one. Or, rename it and put your backup in its place. Or, you could examine "Preferences", "Secure Preferences" and "Locale State" to see if you can find out what's wrong with them.

• @browzer1 If You just run the installer, Opera will be reinstalled in the same place.

• Tried the re-install no success. Opera opens, then closes. Running Win10 (64b).

• @watsoncb

Have you already installed Microsoft KB4284848, a special update for win10, released on 2018-06-26?

Addresses an issue that causes the latest versions of Google Chrome (67.0.3396.79+) to stop working on some devices.

I am not sure, though, whether it can help in the case of Opera immediately closed.

• @watsoncb Try renaming the "Preferences" file. "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Preferences".

If that doesn't work, delete the new one and put your old one back. Then, try doing the same with "Local State".

You can just back up the whole Opera Stable folder first if that's easier.

• I tried Leo's suggestion and it worked.

Thanks to all that replied. I've bookmarked these suggestions for future reference.

Harry

• Topic closed as solved. If in up until to a month the author needs the thread to be reopened, just report it. briefly explaining the reason