:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Does Opera ( Version below 12.xx ) still synchronize Bookmarks, Password between my various Opera

• Hello,

Would like to know if ( I am using Opera v.11.50 ) Opera still provide the Synchronize service between my Opera copies install across my office machine, home machine & my laptop ?

Would it be wise if I start now to move bookmarks & Wand using other Sync method ( i.e. dropbox ) to avoid if Opera sudden stop giving their Sync service ?

Also, the Start bar ( dropdown from address bar ) , is there any setting I could be able to make them appear ( Sync ) across my machines so that every start bar from all my machines is the same setting with icons I put there ?

So far, seems it is not happen as Opera Sync does not Sync start bar.

Thank you !
    Edmond

• Would like to know if ( I am using Opera v.11.50 ) Opera still provide the Synchronize service between my Opera copies install across my office machine, home machine & my laptop ?

If they are all the same version or, at least, all Opera Presto ones, then the answer is yes.

Would it be wise if I start now to move bookmarks & Wand using other Sync method ( i.e. dropbox ) to avoid if Opera sudden stop giving their Sync service ?

It's always good to have an alternative ans also a backup.

• There are extensions and addons that offer their own sync service or let you configure a skydrive or gdrive as your sync source. Using one of these will insulate you from the eventuality of Opera shutting down their internal sync services.

Yes, I believe that Opera intends to shut down their sync services as there are external alternative that do not require Operas attention or programming effort.

• Thanks all,

regarding to the ' start bar ' ( where I can put web address as an icon below the address bar )

any tricks I can sync this ' start bar ' across my various machines Opera copies ?

Tried by no success on looking up extension for sync purpose ( for my v.11.50 )

Thank you
    Edmond.

• Opera Link is unstable, does not work between Mobile and Desktop (older versions than 12.x or on deiffernt Operatings Systems, havepProblems too!).
    Dont sync your passwords! You can loose data.
    I had this experience sometimes and do not use Opera Link any more.

• I think I know what you mean as I sometime lost all my password ( the wand.dat )

I finally remedy the situation with this workaround so that I could more or less worry-free to lost my Opera's files again ( wand.dat , opera.win , menu.ini , standard_mouse/keyboard )

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/send-automated-emails-save-time-sendemail-windows-task-scheduler/

I scheduled this every Saturday & point to my gmail so that my gmail carry all my Opera's file weekly & when I found the wand.dat comes missing or corrupt I could download from my gmail the recent latest good file of wand.dat.

Thank you.
    edmond.

• Finally............... who can help or advise any workaround to sync ' start bar ' across my different machine ? ( Opera v.11.50 )

Thank you.
    edmond.

• What exactly do you mean by "start bar"?
    :-)

• What exactly do you mean by "start bar"?
    :-)

The little narrow tool bar that sits just below the address bar in the default configuration of Opera Presto, and usually contains the 'Home', 'Top10' and 'Bookmarks' icons.

• Hi,

Is there any way ( unofficial one ) I could make this star bar sync between my few computers ?

So that items / icon on this star bar keep the same set across all my computers.

Thank you

Edmond.

• 'Star bar' or 'start bar' ?.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.