Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

High quality resolution on Youtube is not available

• Hello, I'm having an issue with the selection of the video quality in Youtube. For about two weeks ago it was possible for me to choose 1440p or 2160p, but now I have only the possibility to choose 1080p as highest resolution. I didn't make any changes, so I'm really wondering why it's not working.

I have tried another browsers, in Safari it's the same, only in Google Chrome it's working, there I can choose between all available resolutions.

Are there other users like me with the same issue and could somebody help me with this? I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, so the performance is fine and the internet speed ist fast as well.

• When I go to the Youtube HTML5 page, to check the compatibility, WebM VP8 and MSE & WebM VP9 are both unchecked. But as i said before, I didn't make any changes by myself and for about a few weeks it was working fine.

• I am using an extension, "HD quality for YouTube™ (1080p, 1440p, 2160p)", which I set to default to "highest available quality", and it works.