Opera 21 and Unknown Protocol

• Prior to yesterdays update I'd click a magnet link with the middle mouse button and it'd open a new tab with the magnet URL in the address bar and a message box blethering about unknown protocol. I'd then type one of my search keyword thingies "p2p " at the start of the url and opera would send it to my Vuse web interface which runs on a different PC.

As of 21 when I middle click the magnet link I get the same blethering message but loose the magent url and instead have "about:blank"

why? and how to I get the old functionality back?

cheers 'n beers

peel.

• Afaik Opera will "send" the link to the default program that is set to handle the protocol.

• Seems to be caused by security changes in Opera 21.

Hm, maybe right-clicking the magnet link and selecting "Copy link address" won't satisfy you?

• thanks for your replies.

Afaik Opera will "send" the link to the default program that is set to handle the protocol.

I don't have anything installed on this PC that handles magnets. Nor can I. It's a work PC.

Seems to be caused by security changes in Opera 21.
    Hm, maybe right-clicking the magnet link and selecting "Copy link address" won't satisfy you?

I suspect you may be right.

The copying links does work, it's just cumbersome - before it was much quicker to do and could mostly be done with the keyboard - once the links where opened in new tabs. Now it's much much slower requiring mostly mouse work.

cheers
    peel.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.