Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Can't Open Websites

  • I get this error message from time to time when I try to open any website: "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected." I haven't done anything to my computer. I use Windows 8. Opera Stable 50.0.2762.67

  • I'm getting a similar error to this post.

    "This site can't provide a secure connection" and a

    "___.com Sent an invalid response." Then
    "try Windows diagnostics".

    I added Google.com to trusted sites in internet options, still no change. It affects various sites, popular ones, and they can be opened in other browsers - just not Opera.

    This has only started to happen within the last 24 hours. I had to resort to Firefox to surf. I uninstalled Opera, did a registry wipe, re-installed, and the error persists.

    Was there a big update patch that messed things up somewhere? It was working fine before yesterday with no changes on my end.

  • @quesera Your issue clearly has nothing to do with the one being discussed here, so please open another topic or reply to one of the many already opened for such issue.

  • @leocg

    Looks like you didn't read my post. I posted here as I also can't open websites as well as it's a network issue - which IS similar to his problem.

    If you want to be rude to your users then i'll stick to firefox.

    Cya!

  • @quesera If your don't get the "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected." message then your problem is not related and should be discussed in another topic.

  • @leocg OK, where should I discuss it?

  • @ljfried Open a new topic if you don't find one about it.

  • @leocg I did open a new topic - this one!!

  • @ljfried You are on the right place.

  • Try resetting your network settings for your computer:
    With a Command Prompt, type the following entries one at a time and press Enter after each one:

    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /all
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh int ip set dns
    netsh winsock reset

  • @blackbird71 thank you - after I entered netsh int ip set dns, , I got this message: "one or more essential parameters were not entered."

    after I entered netsh winsock reset, I got this message: "the requested operation requires elevation."

  • @ljfried When you open the Command Prompt, it needs to be as an admin user. Right click the Command Prompt icon or search-listing and select "Run as administrator", then run just the following entries (instead of the earlier ones I posted) in the Command window that appears:

    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset

    If the above doesn't fix the problem, from an admin Command Prompt, try:

    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

    then restart the computer, since this command resets TCP/IP information in the registry.

  • @blackbird71 you've been very kind, blackbird. I'll live with this overnight and see if it helps. You can probably guess that I am THE LOWEST "low tech" guy you'll ever meet!!

  • @ljfried hey blackbird....I'm not 100% sure but I think things are working better now. Not perfect but better. Thanks again!!

  • @ljfried I hope it stays fixed for you. Just as a reference point, Windows (at least since Win8, and possibly with Win7) has caused a few users problems just like yours when using chromium-based browsers (like Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, etc). It's unclear just what is going on in those users' systems, but the fixes I've described usually help those users - at least for a while... then a few of the sufferers have had to rinse-and-repeat from time to time. I've yet to come across a solid explanation or guaranteed fix for whatever underlies it. But apparently, from a technical standpoint, certain DNS and TCP/IP processes and records (necessary for maintaining connection to the Internet) get messed up somehow and the data gets corrupted thereafter until things are flushed and reset.

  • @ljfried I have also problems with opening Google websites. I try to use it at adwords.google.pl but somethimes it wont work. Really I don't know why. Any other sites works perfect such as my company site: becpak.eu