Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Redirect when opening a new tab?!

• Every-time I open a new tab in this browser another opens with a website named opinionsaboutcomputers.com. The website itself is, according to all my anti-virus and extensions, safe so I assumed it was some form of partnership Opera was doing. As such I tried to find out how to stop it but, after some searches, I found no-one else seems to experience this issue. After that I thought it must be malware and ran a few scans with malwarebytes premium (I still had the trial) and Avast Antivirus but they found nothing. At the moment I may just deal with closing a new tab and I have blocked the website so it doesn't actually load but rather just has a blank tab with "close" and "unblock" on it so I just close the tab. I am considering re-installing Opera but if anyone else knows anything about this please hit me up.

P.S It is always that website and it first opens in a new windows then moves to a tab like a redirect usually would making me think my own homepage redirects me there but that seems unlikely.

• @littlepanda115 Does it still happens after following the 'Before posting' steps at this topic?

• @leocg Ah, my apologies I didn't know there was a "before posting" section as it didn't decide to tell me that. 🙄 Regardless I think it may be fixed by disabling one of my extensions, thank you for reminding me of them. 😃

• Topic closed as solved. If in up until to a month the author needs the thread to be reopened, just report it. briefly explaining the reason.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.