Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera Searchbar

• Hi! I want to say firstly that I don't speak english but I tried.
    I have a little problem with my Searchbar (linkbar) when I search something I'm automatically redirected to google.pl.
    I look everywhere in the settings and I find nothing. I just want to search my things on google.com or google.be.
    I hope that you can find a solution.
    Thank you

• What is your actual location (country)? Opera asks Google where you are and redirects you accordingly. It is possible to edit a file and change the location setting, if you change your location to say you are in the US you would get google.com.

• I'm actually in Belgium. It's a desk computer so he never change of place.
    When I go to google maps, he give me the good location.
    Where is the special file to edit?

Thanks for all!

• Where is the special file to edit?

It's 'Local State' in Opera's profile folder. You can find the path to profile in Menu > About Opera.

You need to change the country code in the following lines:

"location":{"country":"br","country_from_server":"BR","timestamp":"1516099273600000000"}

• The problem stay the same... When I change the code and I save it I don't have any problems.
    After when I open Opera, I see my mouse loading something and It doesn't work.
    The code change by him self...

Sorry if I'm a bit confusing when I explain.

• Did you allow Google to get your location by chance?

• 'Local State' workaround doesn't work anymore, for months.

[Mod warning: Stop spamming.]

• Sorry, I don't have any mic. Do you can send me the link of the extention? Or maybe explain me how I can install it?

Thanks guys for your help!