Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Sync stopped working in Opera 49

  • Hello,

    Not much else to say. 49.0.2695.0 (PGO), Win 10 x64. Worked perfectly for weeks, maybe months, today it just shows the red cross, after I try to sign in "something went wrong". This happened in the past I believe, there was an opera page or something that showed more details about the error, but I can't find the topic any more and don't remember it. On my phone it looks like I am still signed in.

    So, is it from me? Or is the service down? Thanks.

    EDIT:

    OK I found the old topic and the page I had to visit, error is

    Actionable Error
    Error Type DISABLED_BY_ADMIN
    Action DISABLE_SYNC_ON_CLIENT
    URL
    Error Description Broken developer build

    I think it's similar to the past issue.

  • Here too, seems like so. I didn't notice Opera update between before and after it stopped working, though. Unless the sync isn't run when Opera first opens, and only after a set time since last update, because it was working when I first opened it some 24h earlier, and the message only came up at around 12h earlier, and I didn't close it in between, neither noticed it restart by itself.

  • I am having this problem too, it started today after I updated to 49.0.2695.0, but I'm on Xubuntu 17.04 amd64.

    When I try to login, many messages appear on the file .xsession-errors. Some of them have what appear to be hashes, so they may contain sensitive information. I have removed the hashes from the messages: https://pastebin.com/0fhBR548

  • Known issue, they are working on a fix.

  • will be waiting for a fix because mine is not working too..

  • I noticed the same thing today as well. Anticipating a fix soon.

  • Due to issue with sync introduced in Opera 49.0.2579 sync is currently disabled on two last public developer releases (49.0.2579 and 49.0.2595).