Opera sync - renaming device possible?

• Is it possible to rename your device to a more meaningful name? If so how, I can't find a way to do it. Thanks

• You would have to literally rename the device - Opera uses the name the device identifies itself with. Not hard on PCs, no idea how to do it on phones or tablets.

• I have renamed Android devices using Opera Bookmarks Manager itself from a SpeedDial Pc.

• Bookmarks\Other SpeedDials.
      Just Right click --> Edit

Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
    Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Test profile | Back up Linux · Mac · Win

• Right now I have only one device, which is my PC, and it didn't showed up at the Other SpeedDial at all, so I guess what sgunhouse meant is to change your own device and not other devices.

• Oh! Right. :rolleyes:
    Renaming the computer.

Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
    Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Test profile | Back up Linux · Mac · Win

• Right now I have only one device, which is my PC, and it didn't showed up at the Other SpeedDial at all

Because there's no 'other' Opera installation with sync enabled.

so I guess what sgunhouse meant is to change your own device and not other devices.

Because as he said, Opera uses the device name. I just don't know if sync gets the new name automatically.

• I guess it does, I changed the name of the computer and after sync, the new name showed up.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.