Opera crashing when started

• Hello,
    an issue with this browser started a week ago more or less, with any trigger at all since I was visiting a webpage I often browse: every time I try to start Opera, it will automatically crash (with only time to see a white screen, not even time to see the UI), then it will restart again with the same result and this will happen a 3rd and last time. Then, nothing.

My OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and the Opera version is 46.0.2597.32.

Any idea to fix it?
    Thanks.

• Bump... At least let me know how to export bookmarks with this state of the browser so I can move on Firefox.
    Thanks.

• Bump

Already?

Did you try a clean profile folder as said in the instructions?

• Bump

Already?
    Did you try a clean profile folder as said in the instructions?

One day later, I thought it was a sufficient length of time to bumo it. Sorry if it was not.

Well, the instructions tell me to check where is the profile folder in a menu inside Opera... Which won't launch. So yeah, read all that. That's why I created eventually a post.

• Well, the instructions tell me to check where is the profile folder in a menu inside Opera... Which won't launch

Well, a (web) search would tell you that it is most probably found under %appdata%. 🙂

• Well, the instructions tell me to check where is the profile folder in a menu inside Opera... Which won't launch

Well, a (web) search would tell you that it is most probably found under %appdata%. 🙂

I will try tomorrow. Sorry for following the official guidelines only...

• Hi friend. Download Geek Uninstaller Free. On the Geek menu choose: 'Action' > 'Force Uninstall' or something like this. Do NOT choose the simple uninstalling mode. Get latest Opera again thereafter. Check (ever) if your synchronization is on before and after uninstalling Opera: check all advanced options in synchronization options. Cheers !

• Hi! I have the same problem on different computers!!! I tried to instal opera beta\stable\developer but it's not help me.
    I found out that it happens when opera tries to synchonize my opera account. I clear this folder c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Sync Data\ and deactivate synchronization and now opera work good. But synch. is realy useful thing...

• No idea? )

1. Report the problem page so others can duplicate the issue if possible
    2. Post crash data from Windows Event Viewer / Administrative Events
  • No idea? )

Did you check with a clean profile folder?

• Did you check with a clean profile folder?

Yes, i've deleted opera and all data.

• Yes, i've deleted opera and all data.

Does the issue happens even with sync disabled?

• Does the issue happens even with sync disabled?

No! Only with enabled sync)

• No! Only with enabled sync)

So your issue is unrelated to this one. Crashes related to sync have been reported since a while, maybe you can find some around here.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.