[Solved]Opera 36: How do I change Opera Surround colour ?

• I want to change the basic colour of my opera borders from the white and blue to a more likable colour.
    Themes are no use, they only affect my Start Page panel, I am talking about the bordering of all pages.
    My Opera version is 36.0.2130.80 and i cannot find a means of doing this however I try.

Also, with "About Opera" the "checking for updates" goes on forever, it never stops.

• Also, with "About Opera" the "checking for updates" goes on forever, it never stops.

Your version is the latest one with support for XP and Vista.

Anyway it would be something for another topic.

• I am talking about the bordering of all pages

How can you see borders on pages? Or do you mean Opera's borders? Or it would be tabs bar color?

• Somewhere I read that using WindowsBlinds you can change app colors, don't know if could work with the white/blue border, but don't know if implies to change the Windows theme too.

Are you on W7?

• So far it does not look promising.

Borders - I mean the tab line where the Menu is, the URL line, the Bookmarks bar and the left and right vertical bars.
    Surely there is a way of colouring these ? I have no problem with Firefox in having a nice wooden shade. If it is so difficult - forget it.

I am using windows XP and it works perfectly.

• Then WindowsBlinds I think.

• Borders - I mean the tab line where the Menu is, the URL line, the Bookmarks bar and the left and right vertical bars.
    Surely there is a way of colouring these ?

You can't change it as far as I know.

• Opera does not use your Windows theme at all; on XP (or even if you set later versions to use an XP style) the top bar is always blue. :(

• I believe from these posts and my own web search that the border around the Opera screen cannot be changed. It stays blue, like it or not.

So this thread i in practice now finished. Practically solved, albeit a not possible verdict.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.