How to use real file name in Save dialog

• Is there a way in Opera (or any other modern browser) to let the browser offer the web page's actual file name as the file name in the "Save" dialog? In other words, I don't want the browser to use the page's title tags to name the file, but the actual file name itself.

So if the URL is http://foo.bar/hello1.html, I want to save it as "hello1.html" on my computer, and not as e.g. "Welcome to my homepage!!!.html".

I realise that this sort of thing would require intelligent flexibility, e.g. when saving PHP files or when saving identical named files in little subdirectories. But when saving a series of pages that all use the exact same title tags (caused by lazy SEO), such a feature would be a life-saver.

So, can it be done?

• Sorry, this post disappeared from the post roll for a while, so I had assumed it was deleted. Sorry for the duplicate question, then.

• My Opera does offer to save with some "actual file name" - just checked on your gravatar...

Could you be referring to some download-helping extension? They do sometimes offer to save different... :sherlock:

• My Opera does offer to save with some "actual file name" - just checked on your gravatar...

The page? The discussion here is about saving a page and not a specific file.

• Pages were always saved with the page title, even back in Presto.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.