:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Latest Opera Developer release killed Opera for me

• the other day I downloaded the latest update for opera developer and it seriously wrecked the application for me. I can't even start it - it starts to initialize and then shuts down within a second. I'm no developer - I use the app for the VPN feature and honestly I've had few problems with it. It's my fav browser. I'm running a 4 year old macbook air with OS version 10.9.5. Can I revert back to the previous version?

• You can download the previous version (45) of Opera developer for Mac here.

However the auto-update will probably update it to current version.

I guess the best solution for you would just install and use the stable version.

• Same issue appears to be affecting me for Beta and Dev, OS X 10.9.5. Updated Beta, won't start after closing it. Downloaded Developer, it also fails to start. Back to stable for the time being as I don't require the VPN.

• Back to stable for the time being as I don't require the VPN.

Stable versions should have VPN. At least the Windows ones have.

• So it does. The stable version that would run on my old Vista box didn't so I just jumped in with Beta on all my machines and never looked back.

• So it does. The stable version that would run on my old Vista box didn't so I just jumped in with Beta on all my machines and never looked back.

It's just that Opera for XP / Vista doesn't have some options like VPN but current Operating Systems have those options.

Are Opera Beta allowed in Vista with full features?

• Are Opera Beta allowed in Vista with full features?

Probably an old version is being used.

• Opera Beta seems to work okay, but I didn't think it came with the VPN. Cool. Now how do I transfer all my bookmarks from the developer app to the beta one? Is there a folder I can just swap over in the library?

• Opera Beta seems to work okay

The latest one? That would be weird.

Now how do I transfer all my bookmarks from the developer app to the beta one?

Just copy the Bookmarks file from one profile folder to another. Or use Sync.

• Where does opera store it's bookmarks? The file name? Is it a specific plist file?

• Where does opera store it's bookmarks? The file name? Is it a specific plist file?

Check in Help - Find solutions - back up

• Where does opera store it's bookmarks? The file name?

The one i wrote in my previous post.

To find where that file is located, see Menu > About Opera.

• Thanks! It's weird when you search for opera in spotlight and nothing comes up; no folders, nothing. usually when you search for an application you find a folder and all it's subfolders right there, easy peasy.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.