:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera toolbar download button not showing the "popup" window with all downloads

• I installed opera and when i click toolbar button to show all downloads and downloads things it's not showing...
    the button get the dark gray like its clicked but no popup.

Normal -> not clicked
    http://imgur.com/bOC1tuK

clicked, menu not shown.
    http://imgur.com/bOC1tuK

• Version of Windows?

Some external ad-blocking software can think Opera's popup list is an ad and block it; you can get the full list in a tab from the menu.

• Try disabling hardware acceleration.

• Does it show in the downloads menu that you have downloads?

• sgunhouse
    I Have original copy of windows 10 with lastest updates...
    I recently reset the windows, install opera and opera dev, both have same problem.
    with the solutions of leocg worked, but i don't know if it will case animations to get slow... testing yet...

tomatoshadow2
    Yes, appears all downloads in "Menu>Downloads"... The LastPass popup works ok

leocg
    WORKED

When i disabled hardware acellaration in advanced settings it worked...

But it will not slow animations in web sites? i have a intel HD graphics but... i don't know.

Thank all of you for help!

• But it will not slow animations in web sites?

It may depends on your system. However it's the only solution at the moment.

• Rather than disabling hardware acceleration completely, you could try the following:

Right-click your Opera shortcut and choose properties. Then add --disable-direct-composition to the target:

"C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe" --disable-direct-composition
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --disable-direct-composition

Using the aforementioned switch resolves all problems for us using ThinkPads with discrete graphics. It is an assigned bug in the bug tracker of Chromium.

I hope it helps.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.