What the Hell is Going On!!!

• Trying to post in an older thread of mine, I hit my profile.

What outrageous vomit is going on???
    The majority of my threads appeared closed -- regardless of being relevant or not, good or not so much, useful or for fun!

Then I clicked Lounge, and found that every schmucking thread beyond page 1 was schmucking closed!!
    What the thucking schmuck!!!? Who did this?? On what crazy purpose???

• Yep, old topics are being closed as there is no need to keep them opened. If you really think there is a need for those, you can open new ones.

• I don't do that, some people do. In the old Community, that wasn't what Opera wanted us to do (unless it was a topic that would tend to attract unwanted posts).

• I think that keeping old inactive topics opened in a tech forum may be a door to confusion, that why I prefer to close them from time to time.

• "The topic is quite old", huh? Interesting!..

Well, welcome to some new forums now, and we're told we have some *Archives" now, right?
    So what about such a thing as archiving at least some of closed, or locked, old topics? Or are they archived like by default? I even have a suggestion considering this enterprise (Is chat working, Steve?)...

• @leocg said in What the Hell is Going On!!!:

I think that keeping old inactive topics opened in a tech forum may be a door to confusion, that why I prefer to close them from time to time.

agree in general, nut the lounge? post in that should stay open.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.