Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

What the Hell is Going On!!!

• Trying to post in an older thread of mine, I hit my profile.

What outrageous vomit is going on???
    The majority of my threads appeared closed -- regardless of being relevant or not, good or not so much, useful or for fun!

Then I clicked Lounge, and found that every schmucking thread beyond page 1 was schmucking closed!!
    What the thucking schmuck!!!? Who did this?? On what crazy purpose???

• Yep, old topics are being closed as there is no need to keep them opened. If you really think there is a need for those, you can open new ones.

• I don't do that, some people do. In the old Community, that wasn't what Opera wanted us to do (unless it was a topic that would tend to attract unwanted posts).

• I think that keeping old inactive topics opened in a tech forum may be a door to confusion, that why I prefer to close them from time to time.

• "The topic is quite old", huh? Interesting!..

Well, welcome to some new forums now, and we're told we have some *Archives" now, right?
    So what about such a thing as archiving at least some of closed, or locked, old topics? Or are they archived like by default? I even have a suggestion considering this enterprise (Is chat working, Steve?)...

• @leocg said in What the Hell is Going On!!!:

I think that keeping old inactive topics opened in a tech forum may be a door to confusion, that why I prefer to close them from time to time.

agree in general, nut the lounge? post in that should stay open.