Very large, mysterious file in Opera profile

• So, in my Opera directory, I found a file that's 4.66GB in size. I don't know what it is, and I presume it's safe to delete (the file date is 9/1/2015), but I'd like some confirmation first and perhaps some information about where it came from.

The path is as follows:

profile\data\File System\001\t\00

And the file name is just 00000000. No extension, just the numbers.

Any thoughts? I've never noticed this before, and it's got me curious.

• This is a regular file but I never knew for what it serves. It's something used by Chromium, I guess.

Try renaming it first and if Opera doesn't complain about it then delete the file.

• LOL, a (random?!) file that's 4.66GB in size, pftt. Not that long ago, really, it used to be a 1/4, or a tenth of a HDD; on some ~20GB to 40GB Seagate and /or Western Digital drives.

Anyway, it being a regular file is kinda funny; what sort of a deranged developer would -even- consider this being an option, whatsoever..:)

... What "Opera directory" would that be ^^ in Program Files (x86)? Trying to locate it on my PC, but I'm unable to find any -such- gigantic space-wasters hear (although, there are quite a lot of 0 bytes files which are just as mysterious. :)); not finding teh profile\data folder, either, ugh.

:-0

• Check in OMenu > About Opera.
    You may use Sequoia view to find files by size.

• I remember a discussion on a similar issue, it was a local storage file for a site or something. It wasn't regular, and doesn't look or seem very good either now, Leo. 4 GB is a lot of space.

• It wasn't regular, and doesn't look or seem very good either now

It's regular in a sense of not being a kind of file strange to Opera's file structure. Of course the size of the file seems to be an issue.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.