Fonts of tab,address bar &... become too tiny to be readable after updating to Opera 43

• Fonts of tabs, address bar, and context menu become too tiny to be readable after updating to Opera 43.0.2442.806 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS & 16.04 LTS.

• Сегодня обновился до 43 стабильной версии и вот беда: шрифт элементов окна браузера (вкладки и всплывающие меню) стал очень мелким, НЕЧИТАЕМЫМ.
    Грешил на ubuntu - но размер системных шрифтов меню окна устанавливается нормально.
    Пролазил все настройки Оперы - НИЧЕГО не нашел.
    Кстати, в Chrome версии 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) и ниже (не помню когда шрифт тоже изменился, примерно 3 месяца как, не скажу с какой версией) тоже мелкие, но решения проблемы не искал, сильно хромом не пользуюсь.
    ПОМОГИТЕ, последнего браузера лишают!

• @greysoft - this area of the forum is English. Either translate your post to English, or click on the globe icon to select the area for your language.

• Having the same issue on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. At first I thought it was just my monitor, but it's kinda nice (ironically) to see that it's not and that it's not just me.

It seems like it's just a size or two too small.

• Update: just disconnected from that external monitor and restarted my laptop. Now it looks fine.

Huh.

• Tried disconnecting from external monitor and restarted the laptop.

Didn't work.

Version information

Version: 43.0.2442.806 - Opera is up to date

Update stream: Stable

System: Ubuntu 16.10 (x86_64; Unity)

• I am also having this problem, very annoying! Restarting does nothing.

• Same here.
    Running opera 43 following auto-update.
    Ubuntu 14.04 TLS.
    Font of address bar and bookmarks unreadable!

I don't know any answer to the problem yet... Please update, because it makes this otherwise AWESOME browser quasi unusable at the moment!

• I have the same small font. I looks like the font is two size smaller and not sharp. It looks ugly.

My System:

Arch Linux
    Opera 43.0.2442.806-1

• I too have the same problem after I updated to Opera 43.0.2442.806 on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (x86_64; MATE). Having a hi-res monitor makes it very difficult to read Opera's Tabs and Menus. I didn't have this problem before this update.

I hope it gets fix soon or I'm have to dual-boot to Windows 8.1Pro which doesn't have this issue with Opera.

Thanks for a GREAT Browser!!

• Yup, same font issue here; currently in Kubuntu 14.04.

• Tiny Extension Icons also in Windows

• Update 2: reconnected to my external monitor and everything's tiny again.

lmao what

• Found the proper fix. I followed this answer in this stackoverflow question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41907095/font-size-of-bookmarks-and-tabs-got-small-for-chrome-in-ubuntu-16-04

Find the line
    {code}Exec=opera %U{code}

And replace with
    {code}Exec=opera --force-device-scale-factor=1 %U{code}

Restart opera and viola!

• Good for Linux Users

Thx for sharing

This solution does not apply for windows, so, we will wait.

• Oh yes. I forgot to add, the fix I mentioned was only for Ubuntu.

• Thanks Devlin, It Fixed it.

What I did...

sudo nano /usr/share/applications/opera.desktop

and followed your code replacements...

Find the line {code}Exec=opera %U{code}

And replace with {code}Exec=opera --force-device-scale-factor=1 %U{code}

Restart opera and viola!

I have Opera on the Ubuntu panel and it started with small text. But from the Application Menu, Opera started with the correct font size so I removed the Opera from the panel and replied it back to the panel and all is good again.

• Solved after doing what's post by athome913.

• Thanks! I was getting crazy with that! Followed athome913's procedure.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.