speeddial.ini help please

• I know I might be beating a dead horse here with this question. When Opera updated to Ver 41. I lost all of my speed dials. Even in the (Bookmarks) tab and under (Other Speed Dials) I used to have a folder that kept all of my speed dials and they are gone as well. I cant even find my speeddial.ini file or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'm using Windows 10. If I go under Menu and click on (About Opera) none of the paths really help find it. So now I'm asking for your help. Thank You.

• When Opera updated to Ver 41

Crucial information is missing: Updated from...? And how?

I cant even find my speeddial.ini file

Because there isn't one in Opera Blink. Speed Dials are stored in 'Bookmarks' file.

• Ver 40.... I have used Opera as my main browser for years. I never had any problems with it..(or major problem) until now.

• Ver 40

It shouldn't have caused issues. Was it an automatic update or did you download and run the installer? Were you updating within the same stream/channel (stable, beta, developer)?

• It was an automatic update. After the update all I ended up with was the google search bar at the top of the page. that was it. all the speed dials were gone.

• I also got bit from this. Going from 41.xxx to 42.0. See this thread for some things that I noticed.

https://forums.opera.com/post/111950

• It was an automatic update. After the update all I ended up with was the google search bar at the top of the page. that was it. all the speed dials were gone.

Did you check start page settings?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.