Very long extension moderation process
Well, my two extensions were also published today, after 35 days.
The first one was published 45 minutes after the extension of @nirantali, at Sep 29 2017 9:28:19 AM UTC, and the second one was published 3 minutes later, at Sep 29, 2017 9:26:13 AM UTC.
Thank you to the Opera Extensions Team.
Here are few things we would like to share with you.
All our moderation is currently done manually. We have two queues: the first is for updated extensions, kept with minimum delay, and the second is for new extensions. The second takes time, as you have already noticed.
To help us speed up the extensions moderation process, here is what you can do:
- Prepare small updates for extensions. The less code submitted, the faster the updating process will go.
- Give us a detailed changelog, if possible
- When attaching screenshots of the extension, use ones made in the Opera browser
- Make sure you provide the correct Summary and Description in all languages
- Descriptions should be in a declared language rather than English (i.e. Russian extensions should have description in Russian)
- In manifest.json, use minimized set of permissions
- Use content script only for needed domains (i.e. use "/youtube.com/" instead of <all_urls> for a Youtube-only extension)
- Remove all unnecessary files
- If you use third party libraries, use versions from official sites (best to add specific links) or add versions from cdnjs.com
- If you obfuscate or minify your extension, add on a wall URL to your source code and give us the exact instruction on how to build it - best if you provide the building script
We are currently trying to work on a better first time experience and on ways to get initial versions of extensions into our store. Stay tuned.
More than a month, and my extensions are still awaiting verification. It's a joke?
Same here, almost 6 weeks for a new extension.
Hello, While the extension is under moderation I have submitted 3 more versions. Note that mine (www.engrip.com) is an updated extension case, not a new one. However I noticed that I got emails from Opera saying my submission is rejected without any reason. For reason I was asked to check the submission wall. When I checked there, it is still saying "Awaiting Moderation" and I could not see any rejection. Am I missing anything?
Worse is that they snoop ur posted ext and add block code to next release
I made a simple Google Search redirect ext and obviously they didn't like it - and after updating to latest Opera the ext didn't work anymore
I’ve been waiting about a month as well. At this rate, my next version will be ready for release before this one gets approved 😢
Good news - My two extensions got published 32 hours after submitting updates. It may have helped that I submitted a Comment containing a short (~50 words) change summary with each one.
You think you got it bad...I've been waiting 9 months for my extension
I have same problem. I already published in Chrome and FireFox. Everything is ok. But in Opera add-on I'm waiting moderation from November 2. Is it possible to speed up the process?
I am also facing this issue, I had submitted my add-on on Oct 30 and it's still awaiting moderation(Today is Nov 21). Can anyone please tell me when can I expect the approval of my add-on?