Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Why Opera has 12 processes open in task manager?

• Hello, can any explain to me why when I open my task manager in windows 10 opera has 12 different processes? Is it a different process for each individual plug in or extension but even then i have only 7 plug ins and extensions(this includes flash and java) and if so why doesnt the firefox browser i have do the same?? I am not complaining although it sounds like it, my opera still runs great, I am honestly just curious as to the reason. Thank You for any input.

• Firefox is a different thing. Opera will have one process per tab, plus a process for the UI, and also a process for the background updater. Though it can also have processes for canvas and multimedia elements.

• I am honestly just curious as to the reason

This is how Chromium, in which Opera is based, works: separated process for different tasks.

If you open Opera's task manager you will see what are those processes.

• Right on>

Firefox is a different thing. Opera will have one process per tab, plus a process for the UI, and also a process for the background updater. Though it can also have processes for canvas and multimedia elements.

Thank You that clears it up for me.

• I am honestly just curious as to the reason

This is how Chromium, in which Opera is based, works: separated process for different tasks.
    If you open Opera's task manager you will see what are those processes.

Thank You