Why Opera has 12 processes open in task manager?

• Hello, can any explain to me why when I open my task manager in windows 10 opera has 12 different processes? Is it a different process for each individual plug in or extension but even then i have only 7 plug ins and extensions(this includes flash and java) and if so why doesnt the firefox browser i have do the same?? I am not complaining although it sounds like it, my opera still runs great, I am honestly just curious as to the reason. Thank You for any input.

• Firefox is a different thing. Opera will have one process per tab, plus a process for the UI, and also a process for the background updater. Though it can also have processes for canvas and multimedia elements.

• I am honestly just curious as to the reason

This is how Chromium, in which Opera is based, works: separated process for different tasks.

If you open Opera's task manager you will see what are those processes.

• Right on>

Firefox is a different thing. Opera will have one process per tab, plus a process for the UI, and also a process for the background updater. Though it can also have processes for canvas and multimedia elements.

Thank You that clears it up for me.

• I am honestly just curious as to the reason

This is how Chromium, in which Opera is based, works: separated process for different tasks.
    If you open Opera's task manager you will see what are those processes.

Thank You

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.