Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

More specific ad-blocking rules

• Right now you can only operate on main domain addresses in ad block rules (some.site.com). But it would be nice to be able to add more specific rules (some.site.com/something) - in my case I wan to block ads on the main site, but disable adblocker on the admin page, because it breaks some things there. I could do it in uBlock, but native Opera adblocker doesn't support this.

• I have also found myself wanting to define more specific rules for the built-in ad blocker. They recently added the ability to create rules using wildcards such as "[.]live.com"* and it would be great to see them continue adding these additional refining options.

• Opera 40, currently in develoiper/alpha channel, has an option to add custom block lists.

• @leocg: I don't want to create custom block list just for one site.

• Why not? If such custom blocklist allows you to use Opera better, then it would be good thing.

I personally use both internal and external adblockers. To conserve resources, I have uncheckd 'Easylist' (this is used by Opera too) in AdBlock preferences; this way I can benefit both from speed of internal adblocker and flexibility of external one.