Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

OPERA Developer Version 39.0.2234.0 VPN ISSUES

• Opera always sucks at these things...They introduce something which is in-fact really nice and great and then they break it and don't bother fixing it or even trying to help.

I guess VPN is over now...This is now officially not working at all. BOOOOOOOOOOO going to back to using normal VPN

• Perhaps using the developer version is kind of like being part of the Windows Insider Program

Yep, something like this. On both you get non-stable test versions of a software.

• How do you connect to the Internet?

• still experiencing the same problem here... when in a Private Window, with VPN On, it doesn't matter if Canada, Germany, Netherlands or USA location is chosen for the VPN, I cannot load any webpages in the outside world, the following prompt appears:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://www. $ .com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

The browser was recently updated to build 2234:

Version information

Version: 39.0.2234.0 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: developer
    System: Ubuntu precise (12.04.5 LTS) (x86_64; XFCE)
    Browser identification

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2716.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/39.0.2234.0 (Edition developer)

• I have been using the Opera Browser Developer version for Windows for a couple of weeks now with no issues, including the excellent VPN. Then something changed which caused the VPN to only work in Private Windows, this was not an issue for a few days, until this evening when my MENU button turned red and asked me restart Opera to update it. Since I did this, when I launch a new Private Window and switch on the VPN, I can no longer get on any websites, I see a message:
    This site can’t be reached - The web page at http://www.example.com might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Can anyone help or advise what has happened? With the VPN disabled, websites ARE accessible. I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the developer version from the original download I had but I suspect upon reinstall it calls upon the most current version of the developer app and therefore I have the same issue. Perhaps it is just a bug that needs ironing out. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

i'm using ver 39.0.2234.0 in w10 laptop,so far there is no problem with the VPN

• same here.

vpn is trying to connect (orange), but nothing happens. And there is no server to choose. (win10)

On the other system (Win7) it works fine.

• Here too

a print for this

http://prntscr.com/b6hsay

• I've just checked and VPN is working here. I'm using 39.0.2234.0 on Windows 10 build 14342 if that matters.

To try to help figuring out what may be happening, I think people could answer a few questions:

What OS are you using?
    From where are you accessing?
    Do you use any firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware or similar software?
    Do you use a proxy to access the internet?

• 39.0.2234.0 on Windows 10 build 14342, from the UK. No proxy or third-party firewall or anti-virus software. VPN not working here.

• I've just checked and VPN is working here. I'm using 39.0.2234.0 on Windows 10 build 14342 if that matters.
    To try to help figuring out what may be happening, I think people could answer a few questions:
    What OS are you using?
    From where are you accessing?
    Do you use any firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware or similar software?
    Do you use a proxy to access the internet?

What OS are you using?: Windows 10 Professional, Insider Preview Build 14342

From where are you accessing?: United States

Do you use any firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware or similar software?: Windows Defender

Do you use a proxy to access the internet?: No.

• VPN is no longer working, too; stop working after last update yesterday

System: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (x86_64; MATE)

from Russia

No proxy or third-party firewall or anti-virus software

• OK, nothing in common among those with VPN issues as it seems.

Have you tried with a standalone installation?

• Standalone here (Win10). It's been dead all day (didn't try yesterday). For a friend, too.

• What about extensions? Do you use any?

• @pdn216, I have had this issue as well and after a week it started hanging then stating that the websites I'm trying to reach cannot be found or that it has moved. However, I have installed a VM running Windows 10 and it seems to be working fine, even though the Opera Developer v.39.0.2234.0 on my regular desktop isn't. I'm wondering if the VM is bypassing a blocker that my ISP is preventing me from using Opera's VPN feature? I'm not entirely sure if it is actually my ISP blocking but they are able to do that.

• Same here again.
    Win 7 64bit Home Edition. Latest Opera dev. version. No extensions.
    Writing from Poland.
    VPN mark gets blue after opening new private window, then it goes orange when i try to open any site (site cannot be found).

• i also have the same problem what happend to the vpn servers?

• @leocg Are previous releases of Opera Developer available? We could rollback to the previous version to check if that's still working correctly. That would rule out any possible ISP blocking. I doubt that's the problem, but perhaps worth confirming.

• I'm an expat living in Beijing, China.
    The VPN worked well here for the first few days. Then became unreliable (forever to connect), then the forced access through a private browsing window was annoying (all auto logins/cookies are rendered useless), now it doesn't work at all.
    I did wonder if the Chinese investment/potential investment in Opera may be the reason.

• I did a clean install of Opera Developer:

UK
    Update stream: developer
    System: Windows 10 64-bit (WoW64) Pro 1511

Disabled the firewall (for testing purposes), No proxy, not a single extension.

VPN still not working. And it was working perfectly fine in this exact same environment just before the update to 39.0.2234.0.

When I open the private VPN window it always shows Disabled and when I click to enable it connects to Canada as before it was showing connected to Germany. When the issue started a couple of seconds after clicking on a page it was showing an error. Now it will never resolve and form time to time bottom left shows "Sending request to bla-bla-bla".