:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Prediction Service for URLs in the Address Bar

• Heyo,

I can not figure out how to get rid of the automatic fill in of URLs I type into the adress bar.
    I did find the option in the settings which is called "Use a prediction service to help..." (see imgur link for my settings) and turned it off, but nothing has changed. I basically want Opera to not give me any suggestions which URL I may want to visit. Is it possibly to achieve that in the settings?

(Hopefully I made it clear what my point is, english is not my native language :))

My settings: https://imgur.com/3w83yeh
    Opera: 34.0.2036.47
    AddOns: AdGuard, Ghostery (turning them off, does not change anything by the way)

Best regards,
    NMS

• Afaik you can't disable the autocomplete feature. That setting is more for disabling search suggestions.

• Alright.

Thanks anyway.

• Afaik you can't disable the autocomplete feature. That setting is more for disabling search suggestions.

What's the difference?

• What's the difference

?????

Autocomplete, as the name says, automatically completes the url you are typing. So, if you start typing "op" it will complete with "opera.com" for example.

A search suggestion is just a suggestion of a keyword for you to search based on what you are typing. So if you type "op" it may suggest you to search for "opera", "operator" and so on.

• More to the point ... autocomplete is based on your history - not a service.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.