What video driver is missing for this video?

• I tried to play the video inside of the page, but it says: "This browser does not support video playback."

Chrome plays it correctly. What's the problem? User Agent switcher didn't help.

• Opera is dependent on video codecs installed on your system while Chrome has some built in. Are you perhaps using an older version of Windows?

• Same for me, Google Chrome plays it, but no other browser will, including the latest Firefox.
    Why on earth would a website put a video on a page that can only be played by one browser without installing extra codecs?!
    :rolleyes:

• Windows 10 and Opera, plays fine here. I assume you mean the video inside a tweet of some people running down the street.

• Opera depends on the OS to play some codecs in html5 media, so it will only be able to play whatever codecs the OS can play natively.

Because of that, you need at least Windows 7 to play html5 videos with those codecs.

• I can see video palying on this page, using Opera on XPSP3... Sure I have various additional codecs installed on my system. And I don't know, maybe some videos are hidden by adblock and I happened play wrong one 😞

Otherwise this video has following MIME type: video/webm; codecs="vp9"

• I can see video palying on this page, using Opera on XPSP3.

In html5? Or maybe the video is using flash?

• Right-click menu on video talks about HTML5, not Flash - but of course I can't be sure (I'm not online videos fan). Well, because I have plug-ins set to click'n'play, then it must be html5 - flash ones would display grey area with start button, not video window.

(I have already sugested to allow set html5 videos to click'n'play either - some pages use autoplay and I really don't like that 😞 ).

• I have already sugested to allow set html5 videos to click'n'play either - some pages use autoplay and I really don't like that

I would like something like that.

• Right-click menu on video talks about HTML5, not Flash

Would be interesting to know the codec used as some don't depend on the OS to be played.

• I detected the problem with XPSP3. I will try to play on Windows7, too.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.