How to change the Default locations of Installation Files, Profile Files & Cache ?

• The Default locations of Installation Files, Profile Files & Cache Files are as shown below :

Install: C:\Program Files\Opera

Profile: C:\Users\Panther\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable

Cache: C:\Users\Panther\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable

I want to change these locations to a different Drive other than the 😄 Drive. Say,

Install: E:\Program Files Vault\Opera

Profile: E:\Users\Panther\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable

Cache: E:\Users\Panther\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable

*Here Panther is My User Profile

How to do it? And most importantly Will it work?

• I assume that when you install Opera just point it at a different drive. That said I haven't tried to do a normal install that way. BUT, if you do a portable install, I know you can point that wherever you want.

• The install folder can be changed while running the installer.

Profile folder will always be located under %appdata% unless you use the usb/standalone install mode.

• @lando242, @leocg,

Thank You guys for answering. @leocg I know that there is a portable/usb version of Opera. But I am specifically looking for the possibility of above mentioned scenario.

• There's a command line that you can use to point to a different profile folder

I don't have it right now but i guess you should not have problems looking for it, just search for Chromium command lines.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.