Best posts made by wutske
Latest posts made by wutske
RE: Auto-update: stop changing folder namesSuggestions and feature requests
Auto-update: stop changing folder namesSuggestions and feature requests
Everytime Opera is updated, it changes the folder name so that it includes the actual version of the browser.
An sich, no problem, except for the fact that everytime it changes, I have to re-grant access to the internet in my firewall (so everytime it asks 4-5 times if opera and opera autoupdate are allowed to access the internet).
Not only do I have to re-grant access, I now have to regularily purge my firewall rules because the older versions are kept.
So: can you stop putting version numbers in folder names ? It has no use and creates nothing but a mess on windows
Opera 15+ : the same tracking features as Google Chrome ?Opera for Windows
I'm just curious, when looking at the SRWare Iron site, there are some tracking featurs built-into Google Chrome. I'm wondering whether these features are part of Chromium or not and if Opera is intending of doing the same ?
This is the list from SRWare:
- A copy of Google Chrome includes a generated installation number which will be sent to Google after the installation and the first usage. It gets deleted when Chrome checks first time for updates.If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome.
- Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line,this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions.
- Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the adress bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers.
- Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers.
- This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded.
- Chrome installs a updater, which loads at every Windows in background.
- Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background
I'm also wondering if there will be more settings for the persistent storage ? Opera 12- had settings like opera:config#PersistentStorage|DomainQuotaForlocalStorage which would allow use to allow or deny storage on a per-site basis.