Opera takes a long time to detect network after laptop sleep/lid close
I'm using a several laptops on several networks, namely though WIN7 and WIN10 with the latest Opera. I've noticed this issue for a while now though, it's briefly:
- Upon laptop startup through lid close or sleep, refresh an page in Opera.
- "Sending request to...." seems to take a too long a time.
- Opening IE or FF shows that the network is fine and the page displays OK in those browsers.
- Sometimes this kicks Opera into working, otherwise it continues trying to get on the OK network.
- Finally the operation works and Opera is back in business.
I've seen somewhat (old) related posts regarding, mostly trying to get people to reinistall or change windows firewall settings. Can't imagine they are particularly relevant however.
This seems to be a problem in around the last 5-6 versions of Opera and previously it was fine.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you have a solution. Or is it just simply a bug?