I finally got Opera running without --no-sandbox parameter!
Cause seems to be a interdependency with the "Intel Management Engine Components" and / or "Intel Trusted Connect Service"
Can anyone verify / reproduce following procedure - I currently only did it within Sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/) to avoid damaging my system:
- Check if some specific plugins are installed and detected
At the bottom of the page (where HTTP_USER_AGENT and more information is displayed) check if the following plugins are detected:
Intel Identity Protection Technology (Intel web components for Intel Identity Protection Technology) npIntelWebAPIIPT.dll
Intel Identity Protection Technology (Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components) npIntelWebAPIUpdater.dll
Optional you can open a command line (Windows+R, then enter cmd.exe) and list your path variable with entering:
The output should contain a path like
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Int el\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT
- When one or both plugins are detected, close Opera and uninstall following software from your system
I added my exact version information in brackets. Maybe there is someone with other or even same versions and Opera is working fine with them.
- "Intel(R) Trusted Connect Service Client" (v126.96.36.199)
- "Intel(R) Management Engine Components" (v188.8.131.522)
- Restart Opera using --no-sandbox parameter and re-check https://bugs.opera.com/wizarddesktop if the plugins were successfully uninstalled
Optional, again check path variable within cmd.exe - all paths to C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components should be missing now.
- Restart Opera without any additional command line options
If possible, please post your result here.