Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera synchronizing, but not the speed dial

• Oh okay. Thanks for your quick reply. I thought I read somewhere that the speed dial would be synched just like bookmarks etc.
    😞
    -pac

• Sorry I have no clue about the "new" sync feature. All I can tell you was about the keyboard shortcuts.
    As u know in the old (pre 12 versions) you could define what and how you wanted your things to be sync'ed

So you need to wait for someone that took a look at the new sync, to answer that question.

• Now I understand your first post better.
    As to chagelogs: the Opera people love to push out updates really often, as most software companies do these days. That might be the reason why change logs don't contain a whole lot of info anymore. I do not like it, to be honest.
    -pac

• there is a flag opera://flags/#favorites-bookmark-backend
    which will make possible to sync SD with bookmarks
    (I'm not using sync, so can't be 100% sure in functionality, it's little buggy still for my taste... duplicate bookmarks etc.)

• @pacman84 you didn't misread. the FAQ for opera accounts does state that speed dial is synchronized between all computers connected to your account.

@vux777 that is an experimental feature, which is enabled by default. If that is what enables sync for speed dial, then it should work by default.

I too am experiencing the issue of speed dial not syncing. For me, this isn't a huge deal, as I can easily make changes to each computer myself, but it would be a nice feature, if it worked properly.

• Can you post a link to the FAQ you are ready that says this feature is enabled in the current stable version please?

• However, The speed dial on all 3 computers contains different quick links.

You mean in Bookmarks > Other Speed Dials? Because this is where you will find the SD entries from other devices/installs.

• dude who writes the change logs
    how come, I feel like to get less and less information about what you changed or introduced with every new version?

You can find a full/more detailed changelog in Desktop Team's blog.

• Thank you leo, have to look for them next time. Though I would expect news about one of the developers cats in a blog and not a description and detailed list of a changelog there, especially when there is a changelog already.
    But enough off-topic here from me.

Hope pacman and jason can sort their syncing issue out, would be a neat feature to finally use again like in the old Opera 11 times 🙂

• Though I would expect news about one of the developers cats in a blog

http://blogs.opera.com/desktop/

• I found something!
    If you press Ctrl+t for a new tab, then click on bookmarks, you will get a list of all your bookmarks. Now there is an entry on the left side called "other speed dial entries". There is a list of all synchronized computers with their corresponding quick dial entries.
    That's a start!
    -pac