Opera log file

• Since yesterday pages crashes very often, for example on facebook (chat), and gmail. This is not happening on Opera Stable, only Beta. I am very sure that it's a problem on only my computer, for example an extension. I wonder if Opera has some kind of log file/internal page, where I can see what's causing the crashes?

• When Opera crashes, a crash log file is created but i don't think the same is valid for pages' crashes.

• I don't know if you are running *NIX or Windows, neither if it's the same as with Presto (did not experienced a single crash with Blink), so I may be wrong: on *NIX the crash logs gots either in /var/tmp (that is, the temporary folder which remains intact even after a reboot, not the other) or in a logs subdirectory of Opera profile directory, which was ${HOME}/.opera/logs. New Opera has its profile in ${HOME}/.config/opera-developer now instead, and I don't see any logs subdirectory there, but may still be worth to look at that place.

If you are running Windows, will have to wait for someone else.

• @hibou57:

I'm on Linux, but unfortunately I couldn't find any log files in the directories you provided.

@leocg:

Yeah, my problem is only page crashes. But just FMI (for my information), where is the log file, created when whole Opera crashes, stored?

• If it doesn't hurts too much, do you know a page which make it crash, except Gmail and Facebook which I don't use?

This may also be an opportunity to see if it crash with me or not (may be an issue with an option). I will try to search for the log file if I encounter the same as you.

• But just FMI (for my information), where is the log file, created when whole Opera crashes, stored?

Usually in the profile folder.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.