:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

CPU peaks on processes

• I'm still on XP, no serious issues.

Still I spotted a strange behaviour that is hard to explain.
    Not often, when I listen to a stream with my foobar (as a rule), the output gets jammed, like "Oh pretty b-b-b-b-ba-yyyyyyyy-bi---".

Well, this time I resorted to my Task Manager.
    Tab 1 looked o'k, I switched to see the processes. At first glance they too looked o'k, but then I noticed a couple of them peak up time to time - from 1 to 20+ and more; having a look at the CPU gobble tab, the peaks were multiple and battered the ceiling.
    There were no browsers open. A folder, foobar, and a couple of RTFs. Those peaking I noticed were the foobar process and explorer.exe - I didn't scroll further down.
    Yes, I have an MSE full scan scheduled on Sunday-Monday, and it usually takes more than 6 hours now (ending like after 9am usually) - but I didn't see MSE running, even opened it to make sure.
    What do you think?

• Explorer includes the desktop itself, if it is not running your desktop has crashed. I don't use Security Essentials and can't comment on that.

• Thank you for that information, Steve!

What do you think if it happens after closing things? Like a browser, or that MSE, too, maybe?
    It's often for a while after closing stuff...

• Most programs save settings or log files on closing; if some other program depends on accessing the disk this will interrupt it some.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.