Cant import passwords?

• Hi, trying to migrate from v12 without master pass, as i never used it, how do i import passwords to opera 20 or 25 or whatever? import button does not do anything, i can view passwords via opera pass view and export them but opera does ot support importing from csv/xml

Any ideas? Nor does it support custom wand location

• this was a terrific question, I too am experiencing this problem.

I'm surprised that no one has seen fit to offer any suggestions.

• Version=12.15.1748

I backed up the current wand.dat file, and reinstalled windows 8 Pro
    and all programs.

I manually moved the saved wand.dat file to the following directories
    now each time I go to previously sites that require a password, I
    have to manually have to type it in.

I viewed the folder listed below, and found that the wand.dat file
    had been over written with no .bak file ? I've done this 3 times.

file:C:/Users/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/Opera/Opera/x64/wand.dat

file:C:/DocumentsandSettings/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/Opera/Opera/x64/wand.dat

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wand.dat

Can anyone tell me how to prevent the wand.dat file from being
    overwritten ??

I don't want to manually type/enter 200+ user-names/ passwords.

please help....

• Go here: https://forums.opera.com/post/70990

On second thought, may not work for you as this exports passwords from opera 15 and above and imports to opera without the password list. One thing when I went from opera 12.17 to the newer version of opera it offered to import the save passwords from opera 12.17 into the newer version of opera that I installed.

• Thanks drillbit

I manually moved the saved wand.dat file to the following directories now each time I go to sites that require a password, I have to manually type it in.

I viewed the folder listed below, and found that the wand.dat file had been over written with no .bak file ? I've done this 3 times.

file:C:/Users/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/Opera/Opera/x64/wand.dat

file:C:/DocumentsandSettings/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/Opera/Opera/x64/wand.dat

"MOVING THE SAVED WAND.DAT FILE IS NOT THE ISSUE"

!!Can anyone tell me how to prevent the wand.dat file from being overwritten ??

I don't want to manually type/enter 200+ user-names/ passwords.

please help....

• One more reason to use Lastpass. Then your problems will be resolved on all your devices. AND, it's much more secure than saving passwords on your computer.

• If Opera doesn't (didn't) import everything on first run, then open the Run dialog or a command prompt and type

launcher.exe --presto-small-prefs-dir="C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Application Data\Opera\Opera" --presto-large-prefs-dir="C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera"

... though obviously use the paths for your profiles instead of mine.

The above was posted in the Desktop Team blog something like 2 years ago; fortunately I did save it in my notes.

Opera/Blink does not overwrite Presto at all, I still have both available. Your desktop shortcut to Presto may be removed, but you can always re-create that.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.