Disable Pop-up windows

• Hi, I have checked "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)", but pop-up windows are opening anyway.

Is there an extension or something to fix this?
    *rant* its really annoying not having Opera 12 pop-up blocking system. *rant-off*

• Depending on how those pop-ups are triggered, they will show up even on Opera Presto.

A few examples of pages where the problem is happening would help people testing it.

• Hi!
    Sorry, i was not suscribed to this thread xD

A link, for example, opens this "Vube" popup.

http://www.animeid.tv/letras/e when selecting an anime

Edit: Tested on Opera 12, and after selecting "Block all pop-ups" it wont open a thing even if you clicked an add.

• I get no pop-ups on that site, Opera 12.16, and I've only got it set to "Block unwanted pop-ups". Are you sure it's not just a flash ad or something that obscures the content?

• That could be because those pop up are region based ads, I will try to find more sites that opens unwanted pop up (excluding adult sites or software pirating sites which are a good example to this problem)

• Originally posted by pojomx:

but pop-up windows are opening anyway

really - pop-up window?
    my Opera never ever has opened a pop-up window (except when opening a stored session)

• No I get them on sites like The Pirate Bay when clicking a download link, for example. Since I have "unwanted" pop-ups blocked only, when I click a link, a pop-up can simultaneously appear.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.