Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Upgraded from 12.17.1863 yesterday - disaster!

• Windows 7 32bit.
    I was prompted yesterday to upgrade but the new version kept coming up with "Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Opera..."
    The new version kept re-loading even after 'End Task' in Task Manager.
    Eventually I had to uninstall the old and new versions of Opera.
    I found the .exe of 1150 from 2011 but this won't render some sites I have tried.
    I do like Opera's bookmarks and cookie management - where can I download the latest 'old' version?
    (Having to send this via Firefox).

• ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1217/

From the link above, you have a choice of (depending on your locale):

en = English

or

int = International

And each of the above options contain a 32bit and 64bit version, denoted by the x64 (for the 64bit version) in the file name.

• Your old Opera is probably still on your computer.

• linuxmint7
    I have installed 12.17.1863 and am still in major difficulties.
    My Windows 7 32bit always opens two instances of Opera whether from the Taskbar or the Menu, the same version of each in Help,About. I get two icons in the taskbar and one in the system tray. My bookmarks work in each instance.
    In both cases I have to enable the images in every site every time. There does not seem to be a blanket option to enable all images. If I start to play a piece of music in YouTube say in each instance, they both play but very out of sync. Weird!
    Maybe this is the Linux application?

I really hope this can be sorted. I have tried IE and Firefox but I prefer Opera's cookie management and bookmarking. Help!

• Bingo! After a few days of restarts and tinkering about my 12.17 is now working. Still needs action to get it to display pictures or graphics on some sites though, e.g. Google!
    I will NOT be applying any more Opera upgrades for some time; no matter how persuasive the blurb.