Opera 27 : 5 missing functions existing on Chrome

• On Opera 27, there are 5 missing functions existing on Google Chrome :

1. Session buddy type extension permiting to save opened sessions and tabs in case of crash.

2. Loud speaker logo apeaking on a tab when a video or music can be heard.

3. Full theme cover! How come do Opera themes only apear on Speed Dial page but NOT on tabs/navigation bar/bookmarks bar? The latter remains grey and looks ugly.

4. Import/export bookmarks directly from a file on your computer (eg. full Chrome bookmarks file to be imported directly on Opera).

5. Flash Player plugin directly integrated to Opera like on Chrome (no need to downoad and update it separately).

1. There are extensions for Opera that do this. In fact, with the 'Download Chrome Extension' you can use Session Buddy in Opera. Its my preferred session manager for Opera.

2. Would be useful.

3. Meh, but I can see how some would like it.

4. You can already import from a file. With extensions you can also export to a file.

5. Opera uses the same system as Chrome does. They both treat Flash as a plugin and its updated the same way in each. If you have both Opera and Chrome installed they will both use the same install of Flash.

1. Loud speaker logo apeaking on a tab when a video or music can be heard.

Check Opera developer 28.

• I'm in Opera 28, is there a setting I need to enable to see this?

• I'm in Opera 28, is there a setting I need to enable to see this?

Oops, sorry, i forgot that this is a flag: opera://flags/#tab-audio-indicator

1. Right. It is not "Session buddy" but it is a similar extension called "TabHamster".

2. and 5) Yes, correct.

3. Another missing action is the "reopen last closed tab" when I click right on a tab I just closed. There is such a function but it looks grey and impossible to click on...

1. Session Buddy does work with Opera with the right extension though.

2. Ctrl+Shift+T, just like in Chrome. Theres also the "Recent Tabs" menu. Unless you have a private window going, in which case that would be why.

• Here's another: what you get when clicking the icon to the left of the URL. Firefox also has this.

Opera's method of accessing these things is very obtuse: go into general Settings, Websites. There you can access lists for all sites. The other way is much more sensible.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.