Copy and continue Speed Dial and bookmarks

• Dear Sir,

I wish to format my computer and I fear I might loose my list of Speed Dials and Bookmarks. Currently I am using Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit and Opera version 26.0.1656.60. I might install Windows 8 or 8.1. I am happy with the service of Opera and I wish to re-install it again on the computer. How do I save all the Speed Dials and Bookmarks and How do I replace it again after changing the windows.

Please help me by answering. I have postponed the formatting work of my computer for this purpose. I do not wish to loose the bookmarks as well as Speed Dial list.

Lots of thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mukhtar

• Do you have a bootable backup of your entire PC? On my laptop (which is a Mac btw), I purchased some fairly cheap software that creates a bootable backup that will restore everything including Opera and all my bookmarks if I need to reformat my hard disk. If you don't have the software, there surely must be a cost effective bootable backup solution for PC.

Also if you wish to install a newer OS, a bootable backup is a must in case of any problems during or after the install.

• Backup Opera's profile folder. See Omenu > About Opera for the path.

Then replace the contents of the new profile folder with those from the old one.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.