Does Opera have a URL analyzer service that tells you if the website is bad/infected?

• For the last few years, I've gotten used to browsers having a native URL service that won't let you access a particular site if the URL shows up on a malware list. I believe WOT does this as well. I believe Firefox, IE, and Chrome all offer this.

I've been poking around the settings and haven't seen an option to check/uncheck.

Does Opera offer anything like this? I always thought it was a nice additional layer of security.

• Yep, Opera has such feature since a long time.

• Opera automatically fraud-checks all URLs, and I believe that there is currently no way to disable that.

(edit: @leocg was faster on the trigger by 1 minute...)

• But it was possible to enable/disable the fraud checking in the older (Presto) versions of Opera.

• OK, as long as it is in effect, I'm ok. I've never disabled it (at least that I can recall)--its just that I've always seen the option to disable it, so I didn't know if it was there or not.

Thanks for confirming this.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.