What is "External action" internal command (Opera Presto v 11/12)?

• Question to all Presto experts here.
    What is "External action" internal action (presents in Opera Presto 11/12) ? What its main purpose?

The example of "External action" command in use (in menu item):

Item, 52111792 = External action,,,, "Reload" > Go to page, "javascript:void(prompt('', document.domain));" & Delay, 100 & Copy & Ok & Delay, 100 & Manage, "windows" & Delay, 100 & Paste & Focus next widget & Range go to end & Reload & Focus search field & Clear & Focus next widget & Deselect all & Close clicked page & Delay, 100 & Focus page

NOTE:
    This custom menu item reloads all tabs with the same domain as in a active tab. Useful thing(sometimes).

• Is that a menu item built by yourself?

• Is that a menu item built by yourself?

No. I adopted it from the unofficial Opera 12 build (simply reassembled distributive setup with a lot of customizations and tweaks).

• I don't know what this command does. In fact, I guess it does nothing, and your item menu could be :
    "Item, 52111792 = Go to page, "javascript:void(prompt('', document.domain));",,, "reload" & Delay, 100 & Copy & Ok & Delay, 100 & Manage, "windows" & Delay, 100 & Paste & Focus next widget & Range go to end & Reload & Focus search field & Clear & Focus next widget & Deselect all & Close clicked page & Delay, 100 & Focus page.

But maybe it have its utility ..

• Actually, it does work. Reloads tabs in session, but only a tabs with the same domain as in an active tab.
    The main question, whats the purpose of the "External action" command ?

• Nothing. The system puts it there to replace something it didn't understand. If it was there in the original, it is just a placeholder for the author to get the right icon ("Reload") on.

• External action is a unknown menu action and may be used as a placeholder by menu author to mark these entries as something special.

• It's quite strange fact that there is no strings in a original Opera's standard configuration files (i am talking about menu, toolbar, keyboard etc. configurations).

• No strings? Oh, you mean no quotes? Opera 12 had everything represented as references to the language files.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.